Saturday, April 3, 1993

PROPS - an ARTHOTLINE Project, Dawes Point Park, Sydney - 3-5pm Saturday 3rd April 1993

This was my first solo ARTHOTLINE Project.  I painted 2 found wooden brackets - they were carved decorative brackets that had fallen off a (near) derelict mansion in Annandale. I painted them in an array of decorative motifs.  I then placed them on a sort of shelf on one of the pylons of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.  It was fun to sit and watch people wander by and notice them - they were out of reach (I think I had to stand on a milk crate to place them there) and people would do a double-take, probably wondering what they were doing there.  They were completely dwarfed by the bridge and obviously completely out of context.

I have found a hand-drawn card that I must have photocopied to give to people as an invite, and I have a few photos of the installation.









1 comment:

  1. Its having a lots of designs.. Inspired me a lot.. great sharing .. Thanks..

    ReplyDelete